Game Vision Statement

 Game Vision Statement

(https://www.feedough.com/vision-statement/)

Game Genre:

The game genre I had in mind would be a classic Jumping game in a way like Mario Brothers. Where the game is focused on the main character which will be a dog and there wont be any blood or some gruel stuff but there will be some obstacles and the cats will try and stop the dog. Another word for this would be a platformer game. As these games mainly focus on the obstacle inftont of you and how to get from the ground to the platform.


(https://inthelobby.medium.com/it-is-super-marios-3d-world-and-we-re-just-living-in-it-151e099a1122)
 An idea of what I would like to do and to replace the characters with dogs and cats instead


Gameplay :

The gameplay depends on the graphics and how the game goes out as well as the sound effects I am planning on using my own sound effects to make the game more original. 

My game centres around the main character named Gordo who is a husky dog trying to get home, but has obstacles along the way example the cats don't want him to get home as well he is loved by all and the attention is not on them. Gordo has to get by these cats and avoid them as well as the obstacles that come his way. It starts off with Gordo in the park and slowly making his way home. There will be four levels to get home. One, the park which will have all the park cats going at him. Two will be the playground where he will have to avoid the wild cats as well as some parents and toddlers. Three will be the town where he will have to avoid the town cats, Cars and the pound. The last level will be the street where he lives where the number of cats has increased and will try everything they can to not let him make it to his house. When finally Gordo makes it home you get a prize a dog treat and bragging rights over the cats.


Resources Required :

I will be using unity as well as adobe illustrator for some of the pixel art I will be using for the background or characters aswell.

Some articles that helped me for why jumping and the techniques are important in the games ahead.
https://www.polygon.com/features/2014/1/20/5227582/the-rise-of-the-jump 

Comments

  1. Hey Ciara! Wow I really love this game idea it reminds me of the movie cats and dogs, one of my childhood favourites, I love how you're going to use your own sound effects this is a really cool original idea and cant wait to hear them!

    When you say all the attention is not on Gordo who is the attention on? The cats I assume? if so this is also a good idea because my own dog gets so jealous when my cat gets more attention.

    I think it would be a cool idea to have different dogs to choose from, like a character selection. As I think it would be cool for people who have dogs to choose characters similar to their own dogs, as I know id love to play with a dog similar to mine :)!

    Love the idea and cannot wait to play it once its finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ciara I'm assuming with a name like Gordo the dog is gonna be fat. I really like this game idea I think the way you'll have it structured would work really well, especially with the dog having to avoid cats as the enemy of the game what did the toddler do though why is the dog trying to avoid him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ciara,

    Love the game idea. Dogs are always a good choice for everything in life. Just wondering how the cats will interact with Gordo? Will he have to jump over them or will he have to dodge them moving left and right? Cant wait to see this game come to life

    Kev

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOOO Mego I think this idea is pretty damn saucy no kizzy I really like how you're taking inspo from the Mario platformer, that name gordo sounds so familiar was he the dog from bun go bar? What if the dog could have different style options like a character? I wonder what you could do with level design, you could have different neighborhoods with different enemies like the local druggie chasing you down. I can't wait to see where you go with this best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ciara, This game sounds so good. It's so different to the other game ideas i have read about. What happens when Gordo is not able to avoid the cats? Does his health decline? if so, possibly collecting bones may help him gain back health. I cant wait to play your game.

    Philippa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ciara
    This is a really good game idea. I really enjoy platform games too particularly Super Mario Bros. I really like the idea of a platform game where you play as a dog and cats being your enemy is a really smart idea too. Best of luck with your final game and I look forward to seeing how it looks at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Of Me{Week2}

Favourite Game(Week 2)Task 3