Game Brainstorm

 Game Brainstorm

After much thought and consideration, I have chosen some of the top four games I would like to base my game from and got my ideas from.



My first Initial idea was to make a game running away from a villain or object while trying to avoid obstacles along the way. I would change the level as most games make you go forever as I would make a goal for each level and it would get harder and harder each time. The game is an endless runner game that is quite popular but everyone loves these types of games as they get very addicting, as the person playing the game is determined to win and see if there is an end. I would base my game on running away from some type of person or animal or running away and instead of not having an end, there would be a goal to reach that brings you to the next level until you reach the final boss and win the grand prize.
If I am being realistic now I would probably only make the one level and hope that works out and see what I can do from there. 


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imangi.templerun&hl=en_US&gl=US

Another inspiration of mine came from jetpack joyride which would be a game I would play all the time as it was a simple game tapping your finger on the screen or holding it to avoid obstacles. My Idea for this game would be to use dogs or animals as I was watching a movie called Cats and Dogs and thought it was so funny, dogs and cats using weapons and being sneaky towards each other so I would make the dog the main character while trying to get away from the cats and avoid them. This idea I think would be a lot easier as it's a 2d game and I can only go one way.
https://www.halfbrick.com/games/jetpack-joyride-2



When I was younger I had a huge phase of just playing hungry shark and holding the releasing my finger for a turbo jump or to go high in the sky. The goal of the game is simply to get your shark leveled up and evolved enough to kill more humans and defeat other predators. I would like to make nearly a Mario type game from this layout or a jumping game where you hold down the button and see how high you can go with it. 


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fgol.HungrySharkEvolution&hl=en&gl=US






Office jerk was a game that I remember everyone would talk about and would have the biggest competition of who would get the most points. The game mechanics would be simple as i would only have to program the item i am throwing and what at?. My thought process for this game would be to make a villain or aim at an object to hit at. I might base this game on a student throwing stuff at a bully or teacher kind of vibes. The game would have a front view of the back of whatever you are hitting or even doing a simple basketball game or throwing something in the basket. I would most likely go with a simple 2D idea as it would be helpful for me but I do like a challenge.







https://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/06/quirky-app-day-office-jerk

Comments

  1. Hey Ciara,

    I was obsessed with hungry shark when it came out especially when you jump up at the people above the water in the little floats. I think if you chose that idea it would definitely be such a cool idea to put a modern twist on it.

    I really like your second idea about the cats and dogs, bringing inspiration from a classic movie into a video game sounds very exciting, would there be an objective goal reached at the end of a level?

    Really love all your game ideas and I wonder if even you could combine different ideas/themes into one :) Best of luck!

    Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Of Me{Week2}

Game Vision Statement

Favourite Game(Week 2)Task 3