Game Idea Research

 Game Research

(https://www.eamalgame.com/excel-at-game-development/)
The picture is what the process of game design would start out like in the creative form


The idea I have chosen to use would be the jetpack joyride type style of game as I have been very into 2D games lately and think my game will come out clean and precise. I've been playing jetpack joyride again and see it has one goal to not die, as this is like every game I intend to make a distance meter to reach and to have Tetris type blocks to jump on. Sticking with the idea of making it dogs vs cats I have made some sketches at the home of what would the main character look like. Watching youtube videos on how the game came from a concept design to the final version is quite remarkable and gives me that push that I can get to do this as well. 


(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iotBgfRX88)
The link is the youtube video from where you can see the start to end product of the jetpack joyride, the way they wanted to keep the mechanics.

I not only want to have an engaging game for the players but one that will make them want to play it again and again until they reach a certain level or beat their best time. I use to watch a lot of Minecraft speed plays and was so fascinated by how people would not stop until they had the best time ever. So I want to have this incorporated into my game as well to the point where players want to beat the best time on the board.  

Comments

  1. Hi Ciara, I like the idea of how you would like to incorporate time in the game and the challenge of how long it takes for people to beat their best time. I have never heard of a game like this before but it sounds fascinating. I am very competitive so I think I would be playing this all the time because I would want to get a better score each time. Have you thought about incorporating some sort of enemy in the game ? One suggestion would be adding some sort of element where you could count your scores or a leader board for example. I am interested of how this idea will grow and if you will explore any other elements that you could add on. I hope your vision for this game comes true and I am excited to play it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ciara,

    I really like where you are hoping to go with this game of yours. Growing up I used to always play Jet pack Joyride, aswell as hill climb racing. I think having the ability for players to beat their best times is a great way to keep players engaged with the game and keep coming back. Have you considered anything along the lines of maby a character selection screen, even if its just to change out different jet packs or something? You could incorporate unlocking new stuff into your game aswell, this might push players even more and keep them playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ciara, I love the idea you have here. Jetpack joy ride was one of my favourite games growing up and it would always be one of the first games I would download when I got a new phone or tablet. The idea also reminds me of flappy bird.

    I have to ask would there be a time system of play time so players can track there fastest times since you want people to try beat there speed records. I think this would be easier for the players to keep track of their progress throughout the game

    I also suggest that you can make power ups in the game to try make very game unique, and the speed record could almost be based on the power up luck that spawn in. I would personally love to see that in a game and I would defo be interested in playing this.

    Overall I love the idea and does bring back so many childhood memories and I believe this game can appeal to all ages. Best of luck for the rest of the semester

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi , Ciara , it is a really great idea and i think it is quite unusual so i hope to play your game at the end of semester, i also would like to suggest you to check Unity Asset Library , it helped a lot in term of organising assets for my game, there is a huge range of assets aVAilable there fro free and i think it can save plenty of time when designing your game , well at least for me it seems easier, maybe I am wrong. But I would really love to play your game at the end of semester so wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Of Me{Week2}

Game Vision Statement

Favourite Game(Week 2)Task 3